I like to have wild meat in my diet for a variety of reasons, and this kangaroo steak recipe fits the bill perfectly.
Not only does wild meat add some nice variety to your diet, but there are some huge health and body composition benefits to eating it.
Wild meat often has higher levels of Omega 3 than ‘normal’ supermarket bought meat, it is generally much leaner, and also hasn’t been pumped full of steroids to fuel growth (as can be the case with many of the traditional meats). These factors make it ideal for someone looking to build muscle and burn fat.
I buy my wild meat from keziefoods.co.uk where you can get a huge variety of great meat at great prices. What’s more, if you use my personal code – WILLIAMSPT41 – at checkout, you will get a huge 10% off of your order!
I’ll be sharing lots of wild meat recipes with you in the coming weeks and I’m starting here with something very simple but delicious. I love Kangaroo and have it a lot – for dinner sometimes, but quite often for breakfast with a handful of nuts. It tastes great and is a delicious alternative to normal beef steak. It’s so good that it doesn’t need a huge amount doing to it in terms of added ingredients which is why this is quite simple…but awesome!…
Recipe: Chilli and Garlic Marinated Kangaroo Steak Recipe
- 400g Kangaroo Steak
- 1 Clove Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- Black Pepper
- Small amount of finely chopped fresh Rosemary
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Mix together the chilli flakes, pepper, garlic, rosemary and extra virgin olive oil in a bowl.
- Add the steaks to the bowl, ensuring they are completely covered in the marinade.
- Wrap the steaks in clingfilm and allow to marinade in the fridge for atleast 2 hours.
- Remove from fridge and bring to room temp before cooking.
- Cook in a pan for approx 3-4mins either side, depending on the thickness of the steaks.
- Allow the steaks to rest on a plate for a few mins before eating.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 8 minute(s)
Enjoy! I’d love to know what you think of this kangaroo steak recipe, as well as any other wild meat recipes that you create. And remember, you can get 10% off at keziefoods.co.uk with my code WILLIAMSPT41!