I’m getting more interested in making healthy versions of traditionally unhealthy desserts lately. I like to think that in theory I could make anything healthy – its just a improved knowledge of ingredients that is required. For example, sugar can be replaced with Stevia, Truvia, sugar alcohols, etc. Coconut Flour instead of normal white flour, dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate. Everything is possible, it just takes some digging around and some experimentation (the multi-million dollar sugar companies, for example, don’t want you to find alternatives, so it can be difficult at first!)
My latest creation are these healthy Blueberry Muffins. Just look at the ingredients – not one unhealthy item in there and these taste great. They will last for a while but do taste best when slightly warm after coming out of the oven. Nice, warming, comforting, guilt free food – enjoy!
Recipe: Healthy Blueberry Muffins
- 3 Eggs
- 3 tsp Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1tsp Truvia
- 0.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 4 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 0.5tsp Baking Powder
- Handful Blueberries
- Heat oven to 190c
- Whisk eggs until mixed
- Pour in coconut oil as you whisk
- Add salt and vanilla and mix
- In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut flour, baking powder and Truvia
- Mix together all the ingredients. If the mixture is really thick, you might want to very gradually add small amounts of water. Some thickness is ok.
- Mix in the berries, and divide the mixture between muffin cases.
- Bake for around 16minutes, or until just turning golden on top.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 16 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4