This is a really clean, tasty, protein packed recipe. You can cook this in large batches and freeze, and use for lunches/dinners later on in the week, which makes it very convenient.
The chicken stock does add some extra flavour but you can make it with out if you want to make the recipe a bit healthier (many shop bought stock products contain some trans fats and gluten).
Just be careful as well that your curry powder doesn’t contain sugar or any nasties. It likely doesnt but you should always check the labels on things like this.
Healthy Lamb Mince and Spinach Curry
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 450g lamb mince
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 100ml chicken stock
- 2 handfuls spinach leaves
- Add the onion and garlic to a pan and cook until soft.
- Add the lamb mince and to the pan and brown.
- Drain off the fat and water from the mince.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, curry powder and chicken stock, and bring to the boil.
- Allow to simmer for 5minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- To speed up the cooking time, you can cook the spinach separately and add towards the end, strirring into the mince. If doing this, just allow simmering time of 10-15mins, once the stock, tomatoes and powder have been added.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)