This is a really tasty, protein packed recipe. You can cook this in large batches and use for lunches/dinners later on in the week, which makes it very convenient.
Healthy Lamb Mince and Spinach Curry
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 450g lamb mince
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 100ml chicken stock
- 2 handfuls spinach leaves
- Add the onion and garlic to a pan and cook until soft.
- Add the lamb mince and to the pan and brown.
- Drain off the fat and water from the mince.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, curry powder and chicken stock, and bring to the boil.
- Allow to simmer for 5minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- To speed up the cooking time, you can cook the spinach separately and add towards the end, strirring into the mince. If doing this, just allow simmering time of 10-15mins, once the stock, tomatoes and powder have been added.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)