This is a really great simple recipe, perfect for the warm summer days. It can be made really quickly, and is especially nice if you took my advice and got yourself a soft ice cream maker.
Recipe: Healthy Lime and Coconut Ice Cream
- One Tin Coconut Milk (400ml)
- 1 Lime
- Pour the coconut milk into a bowl and mix up so that the fat and milk are combined (they separate in the tin)
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze as much lime juice as possible into the coconut milk.
- Add the zest of the lime to the mixture. This will add not just a great taste to the healthy ice cream, but a nice texture as well.
- Mix together.
- If you have an ice cream maker, freeze the mixture using the instructions.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, then simply place in the freezer, and eat once, slightly frozen
A nice little addition to this recipe can be some dessiccated coconut, if you have any available. Again, it will add some nice flavour and texture to the ice cream, but obviously it’s not essential. Just mix it in with the coconut milk and lime juice, before freezing.
Finally, I topped mine off with some drak chocolate shavings. I use 90% Dark Chocolate, and just grated on top of the coconut ice cream once it was in the bowl. Delicious!
Enjoy! And please do share using the buttons below – I really do appreciate it.