Next time you get a craving for a takeaway, knock this up instead and save yourself a lot of unwanted fat intake! This is a real tasty recipe. You can replace the chicken with salmon if you’d prefer.
Low Fat Thai Red Chicken Curry
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 3tbsp red curry paste (I recommend Thai Taste brand)
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 bunch torn coriander
- 1 chilli, deseeded and sliced
- ½ lime
- Heat 2tbsp of coconut milk in a pan and stir-fry with the red curry paste for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and the rest of the coconut milk and simmer for 10minutes (make sure the chicken is cooked through).
- Add the fish sauce with about 2minutes cooking time remaining (this is not the healthiest option as fish sauce is quite sugary so leave out if possible. Its listed here for some added taste)
- Top with the chilli and coriander. Squeeze in the lime juice.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet tags: Reduced fat, High protein
Culinary tradition: Thai